Note Use Policy
The notes on file in the Test Lab are to be used by three groups of students:
- Students with diagnosed learning disabilities and attention difficulties who are enrolled in the Learning Center
- Students enrolled in the ESL Program (when notes are available because a student with a diagnosed learning disability previously requested them for the semester)
- Students that have medical documentation of an extended illness or serious injury
Our note-taking system may be used by students with diagnosed learning disabilities when indicated by educational documentation on file and deemed appropriate by the student’s Comprehensive Advisor. Approved students may request a note-taker by contacting the Test Lab Supervisor or Coordinator (Haymond 202) and completing the short note request form. It is important that the student request notes early in the semester; the Test Lab staff members need sufficient time to process student requests.
The following conditions apply to the note-taking service:
- The student is expected to use the notes on a regular basis and as soon as possible after class. Notes are discontinued if the student is not using them on a weekly basis. It is the student’s responsibility to cancel the notes if they are no longer needed.
- Notes are used in Haymond 202 in the Test Lab.
- Notes can be photocopied if specified by medical/educational documentation. Most often, the students rework class notes by comparing them with those of the note-taker.
- Notes are kept on reserve for one week at a time. In special circumstances, notes from previous weeks will be retrieved for student use.
*Students will have access to notes Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.