When are payments due?
Fall term payment is due by August 1, 2012 and Spring term payment due date is January 1, 2013. Payments for May and Summer terms are due 10 business days prior to registration.

What if I cannot pay the bill in full by the due date?
It is critically important for the student and parents to be prepared to put in order a proposed plan for payment before each term's DUE DATE. If the student and parents determine that it is not possible for the entire bill to be paid in full by the due date, there are two options. One option is to contact the Financial Aid Office to explore additional loan possibilities, including the Parent Plus Loan or outside alternative loan providers. WVWC provides another payment option called the Budget Payment Plan. The Budget Payment Plan divides the estimated academic year remaining balance into 10 equal monthly payments. There is an enrollment fee and to request more information about the plan or receive the enrollment form, contact the Student Accounts Office. If there is no plan for payment in place by the due date there will be a late payment fee of $100 assigned to the student account.

How do I get a refund on my account?
Refund checks are first issued on the forth Friday of the fall and spring terms and then ongoing on each Friday. Requests for refunds must be made in the Student Accounts Office by the close of business on Tuesday in order to be processed during the same week. Refunds are issued to the student unless their account has a Parent Plus Loan. During the Parent Plus Loan application process the parent must select whether a refund is issued to the parent or the student. We do not process refunds that include balances of "Pending Financial Aid".

How can I pay on my account?
Students can pay online using a credit card by accessing Web Advisor from the main web page. We accept cash, checks, money orders, and all major credits cards. It you would like to make a wire transfer, please contact our office for the routing information.

Am I required to have medical insurance?
Yes. West Virginia Wesleyan will provide health and counseling services but it is a requirement for ALL students to provide their own medical insurance. Visits to the doctor, nurse practitioner and other professional staff members are free to all students. There will continue to be reasonable or reduced charges for some basic medicines, procedures, and other services. The Health and Counseling Center can provide additional information about our services.

Who receives statements of student accounts and when are they sent?
Students can view their statement of account 24/7 on Web Advisor. All students receive a statement of account at least one month prior to the semester's beginning date if they have officially enrolled. All students again receive a new statement during the first month of classes during each term. Statements are then only mailed to the preferred mailing address to all students who have a remaining balance due on their account. If the student's financial aid changes, it does NOT prompt a new statement for your account. It is the responsibility of the student to pay any additional amounts that become due or to adjust your Budget Payment Plan accordingly.

How can I cash checks?
The Student Accounts Office will cash checks made payable to the student that do not exceed $100 per day. A WVWC ID is required.

How do I know if I have a Student Account HOLD on my account and how can I have it lifted so I can register?
Students should log into Web Advisor at least a week prior to registration to see if they have any holds. Once logged in under, "Academic Profile", you can select "My Holds". If a Student Account Office Hold exists, you have a balance that must be paid prior to registration to avoid waiting in lines to make payment during registration day.

Can I charge books to my account?
Students who have a CREDIT on their account can purchase books at the campus bookstore through the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters. Those students with a credit balance simply go to the bookstore and present their WVWC ID and the cost of their books up to that existing credit, will be applied to their account. After the first two weeks no additional book purchases can be applied to their student account.

How are returned checks handled?
If a check is returned from the bank for non-sufficient funds (NSF) or any other reason, the student's account will be billed the amount of the check and an additional $30 return check charge. If two checks are returned from the same account, we will no longer accept the checks. If the check was used to pay for registration, the student will have seven (7) days to pay the amount of the check and the returned check fee or the registration will no longer be valid and the student will be withdrawn from school.

I see a change in my tuition status from full-time to part-time or an overload fee, what does this mean?
Students making a schedule adjustment during the add/drop period may be reflected in an increased or a decreased account balance or change their tuition classification. If a student makes a schedule change after the first five days of the fall or spring term or the first 2 days of a summer term there will NOT be a reduction adjustment in tuition charges unless the student officially withdraws from school.

What are other types of charges that I might see on my statement of account?
Instruction course fees, traffic violation, library fines, housing damage charges, Campus Health Center charges as well as late payment fees and other defined in your student handbook.

Where do I go if I have additional questions?
The Student Accounts Office is located on the first floor of the Administrative Building.

Mailing Address

West Virginia Wesleyan College
Student Accounts Office
59 College Ave Buckhannon, WV 26201
Phone (Toll Free) 1-800-704-4078
Phone (Local) 1-304-473-8453
Fax 1-304-473-845

Office Hours 8:00AM - 4:00PM (M - F)