Evening Helpdesk Coordinator
Date Posted: 9/12/2014
West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, Evening Helpdesk Coordinator. The primary purpose of the Evening Helpdesk Coordinator is to assist Wesleyan Computer users with hardware and software problems that they may encounter. The Coordinator will also provide technical assistance and support for calls from students in online course offerings. In addition, this position provides technical and, to a lesser degree, programming support and service for the College’s Channel 22 television station as needed during the evening hours. Normal working hours will be Noon-8:30pm M-F.
Supervision of workstudy students in the helpdesk during hours of operation when other staff members are not present.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides telephone helpdesk support during afternoon and evening hours.
2. Maintains helpdesk trouble database while on duty.
3. Reloads computer systems as necessary.
4. Provides software and hardware support for walk-in and call-in traffic.
5. Performs installation and configuration of software packages.
6. Performs installation and configuration of computer hardware.
7. Assists faculty, staff and students with operation of scanning and other hardware.
8. Completes paperwork or electronic forms for all computer repairs performed.
9. In coordination with the Helpdesk Supervisor and participating faculty, provides helpdesk assistance and technical support for faculty, staff and students of WVWC participating in online courses.
10. Develops, in coordination with Helpdesk Supervisor training materials and procedures for workstudy students at the Helpdesk as needed.
11. Acts as a mentor resource for work-study students in Helpdesk area
12. Provide A/V assistance/support as necessary.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training in a helpdesk operation or other IT function is preferred. Technical skills should include the ability to work with, configure, and maintain Windows based operating systems; Microsoft Office suites; general understanding of database structures and design, basic network troubleshooting, and network printing. A+ certification is not required, but would be considered as a positive attribute. Should be familiar with course management platforms such as Blackboard. Experience with video editing software and an understanding of video cameras and equipment is desirable.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, current resume and the names of three references, by September 19, 2014, to the following.
Vickie J Crowder
Director of Human Resources
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.