Our community partners provide support for Wesleyan Service Scholars and other students who volunteer in the community. We are proud of the services our community partners offer to local residents, and we are grateful for the rich learning experiences our students have during their time with our partners.
How do I volunteer with an organization listed below?
The community partners listed below are looking for regular, weekly volunteers. If you are a student who needs a few hours for class or for another reason, please check out the Service Opportunities listed here to find short-term community engagement and service opportunities happening on-campus or in the community.
Out of respect for our community partners' limited time and resources, please do not contact the partners listed below without talking to a CCE staff member first so that we can match your volunteering interests and schedule to our partners' needs.
Community Partner Information
Click here for detailed information about our community partners, including operating hours, location, volunteer assignments, expectations, and more. If you need more information, please stop by the Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development.
- WVU Extension Office/4-H
- Appalachian Impact (student mentoring)
- Buckhannon Academy Elementary School
- Buckhannon Manor
- Buckhannon Police Department
- Buckhannon Upshur High School
- Buckhannon Upshur Work Adjustment Center
- Child Development Center of Central WV, Inc.
- Clothes Closet
- First Presbyterian Church
- Lewis-Upshur Animal Control
- Literacy Volunteers of Upshur County
- Mountain CAP Creative Beginnings
- Salvation Army
- Southern Upshur County, Arlington tutoring program
- Special Olympics
- Stockert Youth Center
- Tennerton Elementary School
- Union Elementary School
- Upshur Cooperative Parish House
- Upshur County Commission
- Upshur County Convention & Visitor's Bureau
- Upshur County Head Start
- Upshur County Public Library
Community Partner/Wesleyan Service Scholar Interaction Model