Date Posted: 02/13/2015
West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for the position of Residence Life Coordinator. This position is a full-time professional, 12-month appointment with excellent benefits.
- Live-in position responsible for four residence halls of 500+ students
- Supervise two graduate resident directors, two resident directors and 20+ Resident Assistants.
- Responsible for training and selection of all Campus Life Staff.
- Responsible for all Resident Assistant programming, budgets and assessment
- Advises Resident Assistant Council and Freshmen Council
- Participation in the on-call duty and crisis management rotation for the residence halls
- Reports to the Director of Campus Life
- A high energy, results-oriented professional capable of working independently and creatively with a diverse constituency of residential students
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of residential experience are required, with a Master’s degree being preferred.
- Demonstrated success in promoting community development and responsibility within the residence hall through creative, student-centered programming, educationally-based student conduct outcomes, and strong interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Supervisory experience to provide effective leadership to a team of Campus Life Staff
Commensurate with experience
Review of candidates will begin February 18th, with a start date of summer 2015. Please submit (email submissions are preferred) a cover letter, resume and names of three to five references to the following.
Alisa Mauk Lively
Director of Campus Life
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.