Date Posted: 01/16/2015
West Virginia Wesleyan College invites applications for the Director of Alumni Relations. We seek a candidate with outstanding interpersonal relationship and leadership skills as well as superb writing, public speaking, and organizational abilities. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Work dependently and independently with alumni on a variety of projects.
- Coordination and oversight of Founders Day and Homecoming weekend.
- Coordination and oversight of Commencement weekend.
- Coordination and oversight of alumni events both on and off campus.
- Oversight of the Colleges alumni webpages and social media links.
- Production of two Sundial magazines and other alumni communication pieces.
- Management of the College’s alumni online community.
- Direction of class reunion giving and helping the College reach annual fund-raising targets.
- Work directly with the College’s Alumni Council and with various campus offices such as Admissions, Athletics, & Student Development.
- Bachelor’s degree from West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- A strong aptitude with technology and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with alumni, students, parents, faculty & staff, and all other Wesleyan stakeholders.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and contact information for three references by February 4.
Vice President for Advancement
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.