Date Posted: 12/19/2014
West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor. This position is a full-time, 12-month appointment with excellent benefits.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Supervisor is to supervise and direct the operations of the maintenance and grounds section of the Physical Plant.
Directly supervises full-time, part-time, and temporary employees in the maintenance and grounds section of the Physical Plant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the College's policies and procedures.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares work schedules, assign duties, ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
2. Provides administrative services and program coordination for physical plant department, maintaining liaison with all other departments for the maintenance of all real property, equipment, and utility service.
3. Assists in preparation, monitoring, and control of departmental budget.
4. Maintains payroll time cards, verifying their accuracy and employee absences.
5. Maintains records of planned and current construction contracts.
6. Assists in purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment for servicing the physical plant, along with inventory control.
7. Receives work requests, establish priorities and order of completion for projects.
8. Assists in maintenance and scheduling use of fleet vehicles.
9. Prepares various reports as needed including reports on personnel.
10. Monitors all chemical use, storage, and discharges.
11. Responsible for safety and security of physical plant facilities and environmental compliance with existing federal and state regulations. In coordination with the Custodial Supervisor, conduct safety training for all Physical Plant employees.
12. Assists Director in design, engineering, and construction of new structures and renovations.
13. On-call for after work hour emergencies.
14. Conducts ongoing inspections of all areas of campus to ensure quality and timeliness of assignments.
15. Assists in coordination of operations and maintenance of systems.
16. Assists Custodial Supervisor as necessary.
17. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; acknowledging and disciplining employees; and confronting issues as they arise, and fostering conflict resolution.
18. Complete understanding of the Labor Agreement between the College and Laborers’ International Union of North America, Local 814.
19. Conducts annual employee evaluations.
20. Additional duties that may be required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred and three to five years supervisory experience and/or training. Significant experience in craft trades highly desirable.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and two contacts for reference, by January 4, 2015, to the following. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Vickie J. Crowder
Director of Human Resources
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.