Below you will find instuctions on how to apply for one of West Virginia Wesleyan College's graduate programs. It is important to review all of the information below as each program requires different materials to be submitted along with a student's application for admission.
Application Instructions for Graduate Students
After reading the instructions, please fill out the online application as thoroughly as possible. When you are finished, click the SUBMIT button on the left column of any application screen.
Materials required for application process
- A completed online application for admission
- Current vitae/résumé (on screen 5).
- Two (2) recommendations for Graduate Admission Graduate Recommendation Form PDF (At least one is required from someone familiar with the applicant's previous academic work. Also see program requirements for further specifics.)
- Request the following materials to be sent to the Graduate Admissions Office electronically or through the mail to the address on the right.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions that have been attended.
- Official test scores as required by your program listed below:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) requires Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores for applicants with below 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) requests Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (if applicable).
- Official report of the TOEFL scores (if applicable).
For the programs listed below, the following additional materials are required
- Master's in Education (MEd) candidates are required to provide a Personal Statement of Goals and Objectives (on screen 5) and, if applying to the 5-Year Undergraduate/Master's program, receive an acceptable rating on the Graduate Recommendation Form Graduate Recommendation Form PDF completed by the advisor of record. Applicants who did not earn a bachelor's degree at West Virginia Wesleyan College must submit evidence of a valid teaching certificate. Final acceptance into the program is contingent upon receipt of a negative Tuberculosis test on file in the Education Department.
- Master of Fine Arts candidates are required to submit a writing sample of 20 pages for creative nonfiction and fiction or 15 poems for poetry, with last name and genre at top of each page, and traditional formatting applied. Writing samples should be emailed as an attachment to Graduate Admissions at email@example.com upon completion of the graduate application. Candidates should have significant coursework in English and writing, and are also required to enter a Statement of Purpose of 750-1,000 words (on screen 5). Fiction writers should note that, although the program welcomes speculative fiction (literary fiction infused with the fantastic), the work should avoid the formulaic style of mass-market genre fiction.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) candidates are required to provide BOC certification number or an eligibility date (on screen 3).
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) candidates are required to provide a Personal Statement of Goals and Objectives (on screen 5) and validation of an unencumbered license to practice. Of the two letters of recommendation, Early Assurance Program (EAP) candidates are required to submit one from the advisor of record and receive an acceptable rating on that Graduate Recommendation Form Graduate Recommendation Form PDF. Candidates to the Midwifery program, the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program, and the Family Nurse Practitioner programs are required to provide a third letter of recommendation Graduate Recommendation Form PDF.
For further information regarding the available programs or the application process, please contact the Graduate Enrollment Coordinator at 304-473-8525, the individual Graduate Program Director, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.