Wesleyan Service Scholars
Class of 2015 Wesleyan Service Scholars
The Wesleyan Service Scholars (WSS) program is designed for Wesleyan students who are passionate about leadership and service. Students serve approximately five hours per week in a non-profit or civic organization in the community or through an on-campus volunteer commitment (approved by a Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development [CCE] staff person) to receive an annual and renewable scholarship.
Wesleyan Service Scholars receive:
- A $1500 annual, renewable scholarship ($750 per semester; $6,000 over four years)
- Tangible leadership and service experiences for internship interviews and post-graduation professional opportunities
- Opportunities to learn about the local community
- Knowledge of current social issues
Wesleyan Service Scholars are expected to:
- Complete 75 hours of community service and leadership activities per semester
- Submit timesheets of their activities electronically every two weeks
- Enroll in a one-credit Community Leadership course in their first semester
- Attend monthly meetings and check-in meetings as requested by CCE Staff
- Participate in leadership sessions offered by the CCE
To learn more about the site placements available for Wesleyan Service Scholars, visit our Community Partners page.
Have an unanswered question? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.