Partnering community engagement with academics at West Virginia Wesleyan allows faculty and students to collaborate with community partners in a deeper understanding of local, regional, national and global issues. From service-learning to community-based research, WVWC students engage in reciprocal relationships with our community while cultivating a rigorous, liberal arts education.
Wesleyan faculty are supported by the CCE with assistance in:
- Logistical planning support
- Community partner matching and
- A library of print and web-based resources.
WV Campus Compact-Campus Community LINK Project
- West Virginia Campus Compact has offered grant funds from the Benedum Foundation to Wesleyan faculty whose classes are willing to work with communities throughout the state. Wesleyan is one of a number of West Virginia schools who are recipients of the grant.
- The $6000 grants can be used by faculty members to purchase any supplies or materials needed to complete their projects with a $1000 stipend to be awarded to the faculty member.
For more information on Campus Compact and the LINK grants, visit their website here: http://www.compact.org/ or contact LeeAnn Brown in the Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development at (304) 473-8161.