Housing Selection Process
Below is a list of important dates to remember that include when applications will be made available, application deadlines, and lottery information. Please remember that these dates could be subject to change, so we encourage you to check your email for updates.
For students who will be studying abroad in the fall please note the College will not be able to hold spaces in any on campus housing while you are abroad. Those students studying abroad in the fall will be guaranteed housing when they return to WVWC in the spring.
All applications will be made available to students online through the Residence Life website. If you have any questions about housing for the upcoming school year please email email@example.com.
General Housing Information
- Everyone must pay a $50 housing deposit to secure your room for next year [paid at the student accounts office] You must bring your receipt to Coordinator of Housing Operations at time of signing up for a room.
- If you want your same room, come to the Office of Campus Life on the specified date[s] for your building.
- If you do not want your same room, you will receive a Lottery number and participate in the General Room Selection Process.
Fleming, DunnHall, Agnes Howard
SAME ROOM SIGN UP: Monday, March 11 through Friday, March 15
DISPLACED ROOM SIGN UP: Monday, March 18 and Tuesday, March 19 8-4:30pm in the Office of Campus Life
Camden, Holloway, Jenkins
SAME ROOM SIGN UP: Wednesday, March 20 through Friday, March 22
DISPLACED ROOM SIGN UP: Monday, March 25 and Tuesday, March 26 8-4:30pm in the Office of Campus Life
SAME ROOM SIGN UP: Wednesday, March 27 through Friday, March 29
DISPLACED ROOM SIGN UP: Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2 8-4:30pm in the Office of Campus Life
Lottery letters placed in Mailbox: April 8, 2013
General Room Selection: April 16, 2013 and April 17, 2013 [4-8pm Social Hall]
Special Needs Based Housing Forms
The deadline for students applying for special housing and dining accommodations (air conditioning, medical or dietary needs) is April 1, 2013. Students must complete appropriate paperwork at by this date in order to be considered for housing and dining accommodations for the 2012-2013 academic year. Individuals with questions regarding applications for next year contact Rebecca Radcliff in the Office of Campus Life at Radcliff_r@wvwc.edu or at (304) 473-8788.
All commuter forms must be turned in by July 1,2013 to the Office of Campus Life. Notification will be sent out by August 1, 2013.
Off Campus Waivers
West Virginia Wesleyan College requires that all students live in College-owned residence halls unless they are:
- Non-Traditional Age - Student reaching age 23 prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- Married - Student must submit a copy of his/her marriage licence
- Fifth Year Senior - Verification by the Registrars Office if required.
- Graduate Student - Verification by the Registrars Office is required. This does not apply to the first four years of the five year program.
- Living at Home - Student must fill out the Commuter Verification Form
- Medical Release - Student and Physcian must complete the Medical Request Form.
- Single Parent - Student must submit a copy of child's birth certificate
Students who wish to request an off campus waiver and do not meet the criteria listed above should submit a written request to the Housing Operations Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2012. The Director of Campus Life will review all applications and determine those to be approved.