Construction on what was originally known as "the Ladies Hall" was completed in 1895. The building was given the name Agnes Howard Hall in 1920 in honor of Mrs. Agnes Howard who was a student at West Virginia Wesleyan College in the early 1900's. Agnes Howard hall is currently known for its distinction as the oldest women's residence hall in the United States and the oldest building in Upshur County, WV.
Points of Interest:
- Agnes Howard is located on the corner of College Avenue and Meade Street
- The hall houses approximately 134 upper-class females
- The building is comprised of Suite and Traditional Style rooms. Suite rooms are two rooms connected by a bathroom in between the two rooms. The
- Traditional Style rooms have community style bathrooms. Agness Howard room sizes vary.
- Inner window measurements for the majority of Agne Howard rooms are 70" x 50.5'
- Outer window measurements are 74" x 54"
- The XL Twin size beds measure 80" x 39"