Qualifications and Admission Requirements for Master of Science in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited B.S.N. program
- Possess an unencumbered RN license
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate grade point on all previous college work
- Complete the WVWC Graduate Studies Admission Application
- Application can be downloaded here or a paper copy can be sent upon
- request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 304-473-8235
- Provide a Personal Statement of Goals and Objectives
- Submit official undergraduate transcript(s) and current vita/resume
- Submit two letters of recommendation; three if applying for an advanced
- Submit validation of an unencumbered license to practice
- Submit evidence of official report of Graduate Management Assessment Test (GMAT) (Joint MSN/MBA applicants only)
Admission Procedures and Program Policies
Each applicant will be considered individually by the Master of Science in Nursing Admission Committee. All applicants must be a graduate of an accredited B.S.N. program. Once admitted to the program, the student must maintain an unencumbered WV RN license and must maintain a 3.0 for all graduate work. Candidates must complete the program within five years. Please see specific information on Admission Procedures for candidates to the Joint MSN/MBA Program.
For full consideration, all applicants must complete the WVWC Application for Graduate Studies Admission. The application forms are available online under each graduate degree program or from the Graduate Studies and Extended Learning Office in the Lynch-Raine Administration Building on campus. The completed application and all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, required test scores, and any additional materials required by the specific program as described within the college catalog should be submitted with an application fee of $50.00 to the Graduate Studies Office, WVWC, 59 College Avenue, Buckhannon, WV 26201.