It is very important that students follow procedures listed below in order to utilize the Test Lab for accommodations, students will not be permitted to take a test in the Test Lab without an appointment.
- Students should call the Test Lab (304-473-8560) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. to schedule an appointment in advance (a minimum of one day in advance). Tests are to be taken at the same time the class tests, unless the professor has given prior approval to take the exam at an alternate time. The faculty member must give this approval directly to the Test Lab Supervisor or Coordinator. If a student has permission to begin early, he or she will not be permitted to leave the Test Lab until 15 minutes of the scheduled class time has passed. Make-up exams can be scheduled at an indicated time by your professor.
- No tests will begin after 3:00 p.m. in the Test Lab.
- The student should notify the professor of his or her need to test in the lab at least two days in advance of each test. The student should check with the professor in person, not by email, the class period before the test will be given, about the arrangement for test delivery. In addition, the student must notify the Test Lab Supervisor if the Test Lab is responsible for test pick up or if the professor plans to drop the test off to the Test Lab.
- If a reader or scribe is necessary for testing, the student should notify the Test Lab Supervisor at least three (3) days in advance so that arrangements may be made. Otherwise, there is a chance that a reader or scribe will not be available.
- If a word processor is needed for an essay exam, the student should notify the Test Lab Supervisor or Coordinator when he or she makes the appointment to take each test.
- The student should arrive at the Test Lab at the same time the class meets unless written or verbal permission from the professor has been given directly to the Test Lab Supervisor or Coordinator. If a student arrives late for an exam, the student should contact the professor to arrange for a make-up exam (unless the professor indicates to the Test Lab Supervisor that the exam can be taken at any time).
- The student will not be permitted to leave the Test Lab once testing has begun. Take care of your physical needs before entering the Test Lab.
- All personal belongings should remain outside of the Test Lab while testing (including electronic devices). The Test Lab will provide students with spell-check technology and calculator as needed.
- The Test Lab Supervisor arranges for the confidential return of the test to the professor.