The staff of the Learning Center strives to support the college in its mission to help students think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, act responsibly, and to demonstrate local and world citizenship. We guide our students to:
- plan, organize, and set goals based on self-understanding
- become aware of and draw on personal and cognitive strengths
- link current education to long-term goals
- become active and independent learners
- make decisions for healthy and positive outcomes
- continue to develop respect for themselves and others, and
- appreciate the merits of hard work and perseverance.
The Learning Center promotes the academic success of students who are at risk due to diagnosed disabilities, other special needs, and insufficient preparation. In addition, all Wesleyan students are given the opportunity to be supported by instruction in college level learning strategies and through the outreach of the Walk-In Tutoring System. Finally, the Learning Center staff is charged with ensuring College compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for all students who qualify for this protection.