Directions to West Virginia Wesleyan College
West Virginia Wesleyan is located in Buckhannon, a college town of 7,500. The town offers a wide range of locally-owned and fast food restaurants, a number of unique shopping opportunities, and a Super Wal-Mart. The town is a popular destination each May for the annual West Virginia Strawberry Festival and during the summer months because of the many flowers that are displayed throughout its streets. Buckhannon was recently featured in The Smithsonian Magazine and is included in Norman Crampton’s 100 Best Small Towns in America. The West Virginia Wildlife Center is located 15 miles south of Buckhannon and the Meadowbrook Mall in Bridgeport is 25 minutes from the campus.
A walking and biking river trail sits adjacent to the Wesleyan campus and Buckhannon is home to two nine-hole golf courses—Buckhannon Country Club and Riverbend Golf Course. Several West Virginia State Parks, ski resorts, and biking trails are located within 1 ½ hours of Wesleyan.
Driving Directions to Buckhannon and Wesleyan
West Virginia Wesleyan is located 2 ¼ hours south of Pittsburgh, 4 ½ hours west of Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC, 3 ¾ hours east of Columbus, OH, and 1 ¾ hours north of Charleston, the state capital of West Virginia.
By car from I-79 Exit 99 (preferred access from Interstate 79)
- Exit 99 onto US -33 East to Buckhannon (12 miles from I-79 to Buckhannon)
- Exit US-33 at Main St Exit (exit on right)
- Make a right off exit and drive ½ mile (entering downtown Buckhannon)
- Turn right at fourth stoplight onto S Florida St
- Follow S Florida St ½ mile to College Ave
- Turn left at stop sign onto College Ave
- Turn right at stop sign onto Meade St (entering campus)
- Follow Meade St to stop sign; turn left onto Camden Ave
- Office of Admission is in Middleton Hall (fifth building on right). Parking for admission visitors is adjacent to Middleton Hall at the corner of Camden Ave and Brooke St
Alternate Route from the East
- Exit 33 East at Route 20. Turn left at exit onto Route 20 North. Follow Route 20 North ½ mile to second stoplight (downtown Buckhannon).
- Make a left hand turn at stoplight onto Main Street. Follow Main Street through one stoplight and two flashing red lights. Main Street will become East Main Street. Follow East Main Street to stop sign and make a right hand turn onto College Avenue.
- Turn left at the first 4-way stop on College Avenue onto Meade Street.
- Turn left at stop sign at the end of Meade Street onto Camden Avenue.
- The Office of Admission is in Middleton Hall (fourth building on right)
- Parking is available adjacent to Middleton Hall.
From Baltimore, MD (4 ½ hours)
Follow I-70 West to I-68 West (Hancock, MD) to I-79 South (Morgantown, WV). Follow I-79 South to Exit #99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Charleston, WV (1 ¾ hours)
Follow I-79 North to Exit 99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Charlotte, NC (5 ¾ hours)
Follow I-77 North to US Rt. 19 North (North Beckley, WV) to I-79 North to Exit 99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Columbus, OH (3 ¾ hours)
Follow I-70 West to I-77 South (Cambridge, OH) to U.S. Route 50 East (Parkersburg, WV) to I-79 South (Clarksburg, WV) to Exit 99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Elkins, WV (20 minutes)
Follow Rt. 33 West to Main Street Exit. See Alternate Route Directions.
From Harrisburg, PA (4 ½ hours)
Follow I-81 South to I-70 West (Hagerstown, MD) to I-68 West (Hancock, MD) to I-79 South (Morgantown, WV). Follow I-79 South to Exit #99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Pittsburgh, PA (2 ¼ hours)
Follow I-79 South to Exit 99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Roanoke, VA (4 ¼ hours)
Follow I-81 North to US Route 220 North to I-64 West to I-77 North (South Beckley) to US Route 19 North (North Beckley) to I-79 North to Exit 99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
From Washington, DC (4 ½ hours)
Follow I-270 North to Frederick, MD. Follow I-70 West to I-68 West (Hancock, MD) to I-79 South (Morgantown, WV). Follow I-79 South to Exit #99 (Weston-Buckhannon exit). See Directions from Exit 99.
North Central West Virginia Regional Airport (CKB): flyckb.com
Upshur County Regional Airport: flyw22.com
Yeager Airport (CRW): yeagerairport.com
Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT): flypittsburgh.com
For further information, please call or write:
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201-2998
Office of Admission